We are happy to see that most of our site’s Visitors have been following our sampradayas and have come up with many themes for Golu. Thanks to our viewers for motiviting us by sending their Golu snaps.Even this year 3 winners will receive surprise gifts from us.Winners will be announced shortly.Judges decision will be final.
1.VaniSri Ragupati – Chennai(Shankararin Shanmatham)
After extensive research on Adi Sankarar and Shanmatham for about an year, we have covered the following in our Navarathri Golu using self hand-crafted dolls, paintings and props:
- Adi Sankarar Charitham
- Historical Signifiance of Adi Sankarar’s birth
- Adi Sankara DigVijayam
- Adi Sankarar’s Works
- Four Aamnaaya Peetams established by Adi Sankarar
- Guru Parampara
- Interpretation of Bhaja Govindam (Moha Mudgara) with Key Messages
- Shanmatham Sthaapanam (Gaanapathyam, Shaivam, Vainavam, Shaaktam, Kaumaaram and Sowram)
- 20 Festivals celebrated in Shanmatham and its correlation to temples that Sankarar visited during his DigVijayam and slogas that he composed at these temples For e.g.
- Maha Sivarathri is celebrated as Mahotsavam at Srisailam and Sankara composed Sivananda Lahari at SriSailam.
- Srirangam is famous for Vaikunda Ekadesi (Sorga Vaasal) and Sankarar composed Ranganatha Ashtakam here.
- Tiruchendur celebrates Skanda Shashti and Sankarar composed Subramanya Bhujangam here etc.
- Special Kolams for Festivals in Shanmatham
- Special Neivedyams for Festivals in Shanmatham
- Symbolism in Shanmatham (Meaning and Significance)
- Yantras in Shanmatham
- Temples (Ashta Ganapathy, Panchabootha Stalam, SvayamVyakta Kshetram, Shakti – Kamakshi, Meenakshi, Vishalakshi, Arupadai Veedu)
- Vaahanas in Shanmatham with stories (Mooshikam, Rishabam, Garudam, Simham, Mayuram, Ashvaaha)
- Asthras in Shanmatham with stories(Paasha/Angusa, Damaru, Chakra, Thrishul, Vel and Surya Asthra)
- Sacred Pooja Leaves in Shanmatham with stories(Durva, Bilva, Thulasi, Neem, Panneer and Arka)
- Sacred Vrithams in Shanmatham with stories(Sankata Hara Chathurthi, Som Vaara Vritham, Ekadesi, Kedara Gauri Vritham, Shashti, Arkavritham)
- Sacred Rivers in Shanmatham with stories (Kaveri, Ganga, Yamuna, Krishna, Sarava Poigai, Tapti)
- Sacred Mountains in Shanmatham with stories (Malai Kottai, Kailash, Tirupati, Kanakadurga, Pazhani).
Note: For the stories, we have given the sloga references from the Vedas/Sthothras composed by Sankarar.
Self Hand-Crafted Items:
- Sringeri Saradambal made out of Kudam and Sombu
- Navadhanya Kolam consisting of symbols representing Shanmatham
- Paintings of Shanmatham
- Gaanapathyam (Ganesha) – Doodling
- Shaivam (Shiva) – Madhubani Painting
- Vainavam (Vishnu) – Patta Chitra Painting
- Shaaktham (Shakthi) – Kaalighat Painting
- Kaumaram (Murugan) – Kalamkaari Painting
- Sowram (Suryan) – Warli Painting
- Hand Crafted Lamp using Kundan Stones